This is a quick blog post to share with you some of my favorite resources for teaching multiplication.
*This post includes affiliate links.
- Board Games:
- Multiplication Poster
- Base Ten Blocks
- Grid Paper
- Grid Sticky Notes
Tri-Folds: Multiplication Strategies
- STEP 1 – Models: Students will practice skip counting and using models (arrays and equal groups) to represent multiplication. (11 brochures)
- STEP 2 – Strategies: Students will review multiplication properties and strategies to help them build fluency. (5 brochures)
- STEP 3 – Practice: Students will practice their math facts through fun activities/games. Students should be encouraged to keep their strategies bookmarks close and refer to them as needed. (11 brochures)
- STEP 4 – Flash Cards: Use these fun flash strips to help memorize math facts. Again, students should be encouraged to use strategies as they continue to build fact fluency. (5 brochures)
- STEP 5 – Timed Tests: Students time themselves and try to beat . These may be used as a quiz grade. Please continue to allow students to use strategies as needed. (11 brochures)
When you purchase this bundle, you will also receive 11 partner game books which include Squares, Tic-Tac-Toe, Game Boards, & Bump Games!
More Multiplication Resources
The following blog posts include freebies & resources for upper elementary students.
- Building Arrays – free digital slides
- Multiplication Patterns – free digital slides
- Digital Fact Fluency – free google forms
- Using a Hundreds Chart to Find Multiplication Patterns – printable freebie
- 7 Activities to Practice Multiplication Facts – printable freebies
- 4 Activities to Practice the Distributive Property of Multiplication – printable freebies