Welcome to the 3rd Grade Guided Math Curriculum! This has been a labor of love to create. I had several goals to meet with this curriculum.
- Make it comprehensive but logical – Some of the educational standards can be confusing. Each standard doesn’t make sense as its own discrete lesson. This curriculum strives to combine standards with skills to make a smooth flow for learning.
- Make it rigorous – The Common Core Standards don’t necessarily explicitly state the level of fluency students need with complex concepts like number patterns and place value. This curriculum teaches grade-level concepts deeply in order to provide a bridge between 2nd and 4th grade math.
- Make it engaging – With full color interactive lessons, fun hands-on activities, and relevant independent practice, students will truly be involved in the agency of their own learning. Consistent, predictable routines save time and make transitions smoother because students are familiar with the expectations and know what to expect.
- Support workshop-style math instruction – Math workshop can be so much work! But it is a valuable structure in the classroom that supports various learning styles and ability levels. This curriculum provides 5 major components of a workshop model: Lessons, hands-on activities, independent practice, exit tickets, and assessments. Teachers only have to provide a few common ingredients and it is ready to go!
- Be relevant for virtual, in-person, and hybrid teaching models – Education has changed drastically in the last year! This curriculum can be used in any combination of ways to meet the needs of all of your students, whether they are at home or at school.
- Align to most major standards – 3rd graders are 3rd graders wherever you go, but state standards for learning can be quite different. My goal is to have Guided Math Tech Curriculum align with the Common Core Standards (CCS) and the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) so you don’t need to worry about hitting all of the essential 3rd grade skills wherever you are.
This comprehensive Guided Math Tech Curriculum is organized into 8 major units spanning the 3rd grade year. Each unit is composed of smaller mini-units that build on each other in a logical, developmentally appropriate way. It is truly designed to take your incoming 3rd graders and develop their mathematical thinking and skills so that they are prepared for 4th grade. Along the way, they will enjoy math presented in a fun, interactive way.
3rd Grade Math Lessons
Click on each icon below to view a list of free math lessons specifically made for third grade students. Each lesson is interactive and can be projected on your whiteboard and completed as a whole group lesson.